We ran out of Wednesday trash bags and I called the Council to see how we get more bags. They will come for the new year next week, when it is Nov., but they will give me some green trash bags to hold me over. Next day, the postal workers are on strike, but the council hand delivered a note telling us to recycle more and they might come and inspect our trash bags to make sure we are recycling properly. Although England is really green, our particular area of service does not recycle plastic OR cardboard (hey, even Waco does THAT!). My friend was appalled and suggested that we call them up and explain we are a family of 5 coming in half year of a flat previously rented--who knows what kind of waste THEY were doing?!
Dude, between the Council and TV license, I hope we can make it out of here by Dec.!
One funny thing about the mail--sadly, they have been striking and I guess I make a big deal to hurry and go to the post office in the middle of negotiations... Mallory, who is 100% on board and ready to go for anything has noticed the crown because it is the Royal Mail -- the other day she said, "Has the Queen picked up our mail?!" Definitely!
No comments:
Post a Comment