Well, last we wrote, it was the day before Aaron's mom came--and we have had quite a bit of excitement since then!
I keep trying to get Aaron to write, but I guess he has a good excuse, like, learning life saving information to use in Uganda! He's off the hook!
So, here are the things we did to enjoy Gammy's visit--it was so surreal to have her with us and so nice to share with Mom!
We had high tea at the Maritime museum--it was a GREAT museum, but for some reason did not hold the attention of the kids. They did enjoy all the sweets with the tea and we had a good view of the famous Mersey River.

Went back to the Chatsworth because it's that cool and got to go with a classmate of Aaron's--Dr. Peter. Wendy and Mallory did not get to go b/c Mallory was sick and we ended up missing the excitement of Emma Shae getting car sick :). Gammy reported she was impressed and relieved that Peter and Aaron jumped to the clean up and took care of it all--way to go, guys! Doctors with a heart.

Betty and I got a half day out--so much fun. We had a good time going to a free art museum, but the main exhibit was Rothco, which I grew up with in Houston. It was pretty fun--we also enjoyed tea and scones at a fancy dept. store with a good view. A rare treat!

Day one, we took Gammy to the Crosby Beach with the famous
Iron Man--check out the artist website and def. look at the pictures. I have at times been able to run on the beach and feel thankful for artists and how they invoke things from us--it's powerful!

Emma Shae's teacher surprised us and pulled Gammy into the classroom for a great big welcome--she was so sweet and generous--I got red cheeked and I know Gammy was pleased and surprised, as well. She had the kids welcome her and then tell what she should see in Liverpool. They almost all said the art museum, with a few votes for the fair :). We didn't get to go the art museum until after she left--hard to do it all!

We took Gammy back to Chester because it was awesome! We went while Aaron was in school, but had a good time anyway! Thankfully, the weather held off. On the train....

On the wall, knocking on history's door...

Under a store--Roman ruins!

We took her to Llangollan, Wales (yes, we did do SOMETHING different) I took 40 millions pictures of Thomas--I think Micah being the first born--Thomas must have been a true partner to this first time Mom :). I wanted to go hug him!!!

Yes, a beautiful rainbow in Wales and sheep--this is in front of Chirk castle in Wales.

We were so excited about this one--a REAL, in use aquaduct--we walked alongside for a bit. They travel on this--can go all the way up to Liverpool. In Llangollen, where Thomas was, they have these horse drawn barges that you can go on -- very narrow canals-- they also go up to Liverpool. Too bad we drove!

Oh, Chirk Castle--from 1310 when King Charles or was it Edward? was doing all this fortifying to fight the Irish. This castle is amazing on the inside--it looks like the Halls that we love so much because up until 1980 a bunch of nobles have lived in it--now it is with the National Trust.

Eating at a wonderful, historic Corn Mill on the banks of some river in Llangollen, Wales

No comments:
Post a Comment