After a stretching week, we had a surprise treat marathon on Saturday!
We went to see a movie on Sat morning--our local vintage theatre called The Plaza does a kids movie every Sat. morning where adults are free with a child ticket. What we didn't know is a play time, dance party starts at 9:30 and the movie starts at 10:30--a true culture shock morning. We are all there with our mouths open watching parents reading their newspapers and kids running like Lord of the Flies at the front of the theatre--we finally lean over and interrupt a newspaper reader and get the scoop. Aaron and Micah go home, but I am cemented to my seat in mild horror watching the kids--then the disco starts and the electric slide amongst other dances. This tiny little girl was in a velvet disco jumpsuit--amazing moves! And then I think--you know who would love this? My friend Patricia. I get a crank in my heart and tears in my eyes--she is made for a party and during my years in Waco helped this uptight white girl loosen up!! While I didn't get down there and dance, to my surprise, Emma Shae jumped up and was all over it! I was so proud of that girl! Honestly, Patricia used to say that Emma Shae is her adopted daughter and that rang true Sat. morning!! They were playing relay games, etc. and there was Emma Shae with sheer joy on her face. Mallory and I cuddled-nice. Micah and Aaron returned (wow--he took out the trash and did the dishes!) Then at 10:30am the lights went dim and The Fantastic Mr. Fox came on! Not sure if it's out in the U.S. or if it already came, but it is such a clever movie!
Then we went to McDonald's down town and to a toy store to buy toys.
Treat Fest 2009. whew!
Oh, one more surprise!
We went to the art gallery (which is FREE) on top of it all--celebrating being healthy!! Just as we got there, they were starting this interactive story. This young woman read a book about a mystery in the art gallery and one of the characters was acted out live as the kids went through the gallery. The point was to teach art. Kind of like a scavenger hunt they went through several rooms and upstairs, etc. Before each artwork was a giant sticker and the storyteller would tell the kids to stand on the sticker and they would! I thought I need these for my house--she never once had to say, "Don't touch the painting or sculpture." Go Liverpool art for kids--totally impressed! Click here to see the gallery. The Walker Art Gallery
On top of it all, it was supposed to be stormy and it was so pleasant and sunny--cold, yet bearable. This English weather keeps you on your toes!!
No comments:
Post a Comment