Lake Bunyonyi

Lake Bunyonyi
View of Lake Bunyonyi from Birdnest Hotel

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

an angel

I was walking the kids in the morning to where they get picked up for school by our teammates.

As I came back to our house, there was a man on the path whom I did not recognize.  The path he came from only leads to a few other houses and to the back of campus, so we rarely see strangers on this path.

He was older, distinguished looking, wearing a cap and naval coat and using an interesting walking stick.

We had a great exchange of greetings in Rukiga--the best ever for me and at the end he said "ehhhhh"

That is a common closing---you would just have to hear it and I especially hear it amongst the older men--greeting is a very big deal here and it's almost like a satisfying closing approval without words.  I always wonder how and when that happens for me in my conversations--like when will I learn Rukiga and get in on this?  Frankly, it makes me jealous b/c it is so intimate and endearing and affectionate.

I just had a really warm feeling and that was noteworthy b/c usually I just feel confused or lonely or awkward being more of an outsider.

Then all of a sudden I just had this huge sense that he was a patrolling angel and that God is protecting us more than we can see or know.

I had this overwhelming sense of awe and praise of God--His Presence, His love.


wow--I was so encouraged and thankful and reminded of how much we can't see, but how active God is--24-7, never failing and never sleeping!!!

thank you, Lord.

No comments: