Lake Bunyonyi

Lake Bunyonyi
View of Lake Bunyonyi from Birdnest Hotel

Sunday, October 3, 2010

BBUC Graduation

So, Friday was Bishop Barham University College graduation. I love graduations! I am reminded of my time at UNCG and the graduate school, helping out in a very peon way with the graduations. I always loved how between the faculty and students, there were so many years of work represented. Also, the fresh promise of new generations. It is the same here, only I didn't see any of this kind of dancing at UNCG :).





This dance seemed Hawaiian and turns out it is Rwandan. Several countries are represented at BBUC--Rwanda, Congo, Sudan and Kenya to name a few.
The closing procession. Bishop Barham's grandson (or is it son?) was there, too. It was all so historic and encouraging.

Travis sharing a laugh with the Rev. Scheitacker from Germany.

Here is a movie of the traditional Bukiga dance.

No comments: