Lake Bunyonyi

Lake Bunyonyi
View of Lake Bunyonyi from Birdnest Hotel

Monday, September 28, 2009

Birthdays, sleeping bunnies and other fun stuff

Peter and Tom with a power kite--it was fun to watch, but I was quite frozen on the beach--too frozen to try it!
Esther and Emma Shae tossing the ball!

Our living room with party goers--Esther and Emma Shae and Mallory showing off.
The Party table--kids did the British flag and then friends from U.S. sent a mighty fine care package with brownie mix, napkins, etc! Aaron was very thankful!
Me in my new shirt, also from the U.S. (thanks N and S!!!), but I am so happy to have something fancy because Liverpool girls are fancy!! I saw shirts like this in the shops here, so I feel very up to date!

Had a great birthday week-end--celebrating with the family and some friends.

Micah got me some cool flannel pjs--Europeans make amazing pjs, let's just say they are not dumpy :), Emma Shae got me a nice bracelet from a fair trade store--she has yet to let me wear it, but I let Aaron work that out with her! and Mallory got me some great Body Shop lotion and shower gel--Aaron is going to let me go on a retreat to Northumbria in November. My favorite devotional is The Celtic Daily Prayer Guide and it's put out by some folks from Holy Island--so, low and behold, we are going! Apparently, there are castles to storm, so everyone will be happy.

Also, it was the most international birthday I have had to date--wish we could have videotaped our friends singing to me-I will never forget the Norwegian birthday song--watch it here on You Tube--our friends said that it is a song about they would do a dance or do anything for you--something like that. I love Norway--quickly becoming a fan, the more I learn! Thank you, Espen and Ingjerd!



I want to highlight some of Mallory's little life now. She is making us laugh so much--last week, she announced at the breakfast table--"I have a funny joke. Someone came and picked me up and put me in the back of the car and took me to England!" Good to know what she is processing and that she can laugh about being dragged across the Pond. We were on the floor with laughter!

Also, we are learning some great new nursery rhymes. She has music as part of a play group we go to on Wed. and then we have been to rhyme time at the local library. While, I don't have her recorded, I did find some good You Tube seconds.

It was hard to choose one video, so do a search on you tube and enjoy. The funny thing is, every group we've been in --I have never seen kids get so still for so long--even Mallory got into it first time and she has gotten into a shy stage here, but instinctively knew it was going to be fun :).



An update on Cornish pasties--they turned out fine. Click on the link to read interesting history :)





1 comment:

Laura said...

Precious Friends,
What you are in England? When did this happen? What is there? How
long are you staying??

By the way I have Did you know I
have a blog and would love for you
to follow it if you want.. so look
me up Laura's Life..
Blessings
Laura herself..