I started this blog 2 years ago to practice for when we lived overseas. So much for that! Time to jump in. We are at our friends house, Craig, Natalie, Adelaide and Jack and it is such a tangible reminder of God's provision and love for us. Down to the smallest detail, we feel loved. I am even encouraged by Psalm 112 which the previous owners put on their concrete when laying their steps--
Praise the Lord,
Blessed is the man who fears the Lord, who finds great delight in his commands.
And this is where we are -- the deepest dependency we've faced in the Lord. It is both unsettling and refreshing!
We have a week to go and still waiting on a lap top to come--it's in Alaska coming from China--who knew that Apples are also made in China!
Still waiting on a place to live in Liverpool and to read through the information the school has sent!
Still need to sell our cars and still need to trim down our possessions! Even after a furniture sale, garage sale AND giving more stuff to friends. That's embarrassing for a self proclaimed minimalist and apparently hypocrite!
With all the still this and that, I think I am going to go be STILL and know that God is God and just praise and thank Him for working all of this out. That's what I am learning to do in Waco.
Here a few links that we are now connected with...
Rugarama Hospital http://www.rugaramahospital.org/
Global Teams http://www.global-teams.net/
Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine http://www.liv.ac.uk/lstm/
Here is a great music video of Rwanda, close to where we will be. It's from the artist Sara Groves
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSdP6PqsbJY
No comments:
Post a Comment